Key points that make 1888 Coffee’s Founder’s Premium an exceptional Coffee:
1. Founder’s Premium is single-sourced and shade-grown coffee. It is grown in the prime coffee belt region of Veracruz, Mexico. It is an award-winning, world-class coffee that holds the
prestigious rainforest certification.
2. The 1888 Coffee Estate is an old-world mountain treasure that dates back to 1888 in its origins
3. 1888 Coffee not only grows the coffee but controls the whole process from seed to your cup,
applying careful milling, drying and hand sorting under exacting quality-controlled conditions.
This means every bean is treated as a prize from the moment it is picked to the moment it is
packed and flown to our store. Most coffee companies cannot claim that they have control over
the whole process.
4. Nature, skilled growers and close proximity to shipping access have made the mountainous
lands of Veracruz the second-largest coffee-growing region in Mexico. Vegetation thrives here in
what is called a “Cloud Forest,” along the “Veracruzana Coffee Route.” Farmers and master
roasters have been producing the world’s finest coffees here for more than a century.
5. “Our dedication to providing the best quality of coffee to coffee lovers the world over also
includes a commitment to our workers. This means doing all we can to help ensure that the
workers who earn a living in the coffee fields of Mexico and other countries have access to clean
water, housing, and education, for themselves and their families.” ~ Armando Ruiz Galindo, Ruiz
Galindo Family Coffee Roasting Hacienda.